Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Best of the Gotye Covers/Remixes

Somebody That I Used to Know could easily be the most covered song of the year and there are hundreds of version out there but here is my pick of the best:

There are no words, this is just unbelievably impressive:


I love Ingrid Michaelson and this is a wonderful cover under the name of her side project Army of 3


I actually heard this remix on Nick Grimshaw's night time show before I heard the original version, and I think I almost prefer this one...


As you probably know; I love Norway and their people, and apparently I am also a big fan of their recycling. (admittedly this isn't their best mash up, I recommend you look at some as some are fantastic!)


I alsolutely love Orla's voice, plus she pulls some fantastic faces.


Because this is so different to the original it take away the "overplayed-ness" of the original, there is also a wee mash up with the Police song "King of Pain".


This woman has a beautiful voice.f


Oh my. Compare with the first.



I don't think I can ever listen to this song again...

No comments: